Wednesday 11 January 2012

Children's Camp --Day 1


Today we had the first of three Children's Camps with some of our Community Partner Organizations. This morning 40 kids arrived from Anand Gram (my placement) for a day of games, songs, and crafts.
It's been awhile since I've helped lead a day camp and I'd be lying if I said it wasn't a challenge! The language barrier also added to the challenge of the whole day. Here are some photos of the kids and what they did at our "Sports" station. Boy, do they LOVE cricket -- I actually learned a thing or two from them, when they were willing to let me have a turn, of course.
All in all, it was a great day. Some kinks were ironed out during our debrief this afternoon and tomorrow we get ready to welcome 40 more kids from Tara Mobile Creche.
Parachute Games -- they loved playing Cat and Mouse!
Cricket!!
Washing up for lunch
Enjoying a delicious meal together...it was spicier than usual today.

1 comment:

  1. wow, is your blog ever going to bring back some memories for me! i was a volutneer program assistant from sept 96 to march 97 (look me up in the book! - julie leclair). i'm looking forward to following your blog to see how much fun you are going to have!

    ReplyDelete